5:141 – Are you looking in the right place?
#faithbites #faithjourney looking
Have you ever lost something? I know we all have. If it’s our keys or phone or you just misplaced something. Then you go on the frantic search looking and tearing things up to find it. Then someone always said, where was the last place you had it? While you know they are trying to be helpful, sometimes it just ticks you off.
Lately, I’ve been looking to fill a gap. I don’t necessarily know what I’m looking for but I get caught trying to find things to fill that hole. Maybe it’s a new video game, job, project, or something else. I keep looking, but not finding it.
- Are you searching for something but not sure what it is?
- Is that hole where God should be?
- How can you find something when you don’t know what it is or where to look?
- Matthew 7:7 – “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
- Jeremiah 18:2 – “Arise, and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will let you hear my words.”
- James 3:17 – But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
At the beginning of this #faithbites, I mention those people who said, it’s in the last place you looked for it or where did you leave it. While we don’t want to admit it, it could be the best advice we receive. God is the answer to all things and when we see him, he answers. If it’s going to hear his words (the potter’s house) or prayer or gathering in his name, the answer is there. We can’t solve the problem or fill the hole that can only be filled by God. As we see in James, that wisdom can only come from looking to God and getting the wisdom that he can give as it’s pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial, and sincere.
As we close, remember that the answers probably won’t be by buying something or trying to fill the hole. The best answers come from God and he will direct you where to go.
Lord Jesus, thank you for another day. Help us when we are lost and searching. Remind us that the answers aren’t in stuff and things but in you. We pray for answers, directions, and peace as we figure out what is next and where we should be putting our energy. We pray this in your great name, Amen.
You must log in to post a comment.