I’ve never done this before but I am. Here is yesterday’s #faithbites again. I think it is filled with so much knowledge and truth that we can read it again.
Friendship is critical.
Are you a great friend?
5:62 – As Your Friend I Promise To
#faithbites #faithjourney promise
We call each other friends and often say, I’m here for whatever you need (Galatians 6:2) . Just ask! (Matthew 5:42). And we are all brothers and sisters, God’s children, which makes us friends. . As a friend, I promise to:
- Take you to the clinic (Matthew 10:8?
- Love you to the fullest (John 15:12)
- Get you to the airport (Proverbs 3:23-24)
- Provide a warm meal when you are hungry (Deuteronomy 15:11)
- Give you a place to sleep (Romans 12:13)
- Listen to whatever you want to tell me (Proverbs 2:2)
- Give advice when you want it. (Proverbs 19:20)
- Hold your hair when you are sick. (Matthew 10:8)
- Help you find your path if you want (Psalm 119:105)
- Correct you with kindness when you need (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
- Pray with you and for you (Colossians 4:2)
- Watch out for you. (Philippians 2:4)
- Treat you as I’d want to be treated (Luke 6:31)
- Forgive you (Ephesian 4:32)
- Help you find a church home that is right for you (John 14:2-3)
- Help you learn more about God, Jesus, and the. Holy Spirit. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
I can, will, and promise to do all these things because I am your friend. I am able to do these through Christ who strengthens (Philippians 4:11–13) and enables me to.
Even though I can do many things, I can’t save your soul or offer eternal life . The only person who can do that is Jesus (John 14:16) . Through him you are forgiven, wiped clean, and reconciled to God.
As we close, remember that your friends are here to do and will do, so many things for you through God’s power.
Father God, on this Ash Wednesday, we see the dirt on us. Our sin, our brokenness. Is in full view, yet it is in the shape of the cross. The place where your Son did for us to be clean.. Lord, you tell us to love you and one another. Help us to be the people who love like you love and bring others to you so they can feel your love and protection. We pray this in your name, Amen.
You must log in to post a comment.