5:146 – Change of plans
#faithbites #faithjourney plans
My plan today was to take the kids to school, then go to my doctor, then to work. I made it to the doctor before extreme pain knocked me over. I made it home and took medicine. Now trying to do what I can.
Yesterday, we brought the kids home from school and were planning to cook dinner. When we got home a gas leak forced us to change plans.
We make plans but life has its way of messing with them. Sometimes it’s sin and sometimes it’s God. We have to be flexible.
- How do you adapt to changing situations?
- How do you ALLOW yourself to accept limitations that change your plans?
- Proverbs 16:9 – “In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps”
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- Amos 3:7 – “For the Lord God does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets.
As I was thinking about changing plans and how to adapt, I’ve seen both the Proverbs and Jeremiah verse before. The Amos verse was newer to me. God is telling us that he has plans for us and he’s revealing it to use, but we need to listen and then take action.
We don’t know what tomorrow will bring or how our lives will be changed and plans impacted. We can’t control that. What we can control is how we react. Do we have a plan B? Do we have a strong enough faith to stand up when things go South? I find myself frustrated when Plan A fails and it isn’t until much later when I realize that Plan B was actually Plan A just in a different form.
As we close, remember we need to be flexible ND open to change. While things may not go as we wanted them to, God is in control and will help us get the results we need.
Father God, today we pray for healing. Help us heal physically l. Bind our wounds, remove the pain, and give us strength. Lord, help us heal mentally and spiritually. Be with us and help us to be whole people who serve you. Finally Lord, let us be people who can go with the flow and adapt to change. We bodly ask for your help to be adaptible and flexible in all things. In your name, Amen.