5/124 – Even a diamond cracks
#faithbites #faithjourney diamond
Let’s think about rocks for a moment. They are strong and hold under a lot of pressure, but if you hit them long enough they will break. Even diamonds, one of the hardest materials on earth, will crack and break under enough pressure and with the right cuts. Nothing on Earth is immune to breaking under pressure.
Now, let’s think about our friends as we go into today’s questions.
- Who amongst your friends, yourself included, do you consider a rock? The diamond who never cracks and can take everything?
- Have you asked your diamond how they feel?
- What if you knew they cracked just like you?
- Ezekiel 3:9 – I will make your forehead like the hardest stone, harder than flint. Do not be afraid of them or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious people.
- Galatians 6:2 – Carry each other’s burdens and so you will fulfill the law of Christ
God made us strong. He gave us skills and abilities to get through everything but not alone and not without him. While you have friends who are diamonds, they are also human. They do have cracks and need your help carrying their burdens. They are often more reserved in asking for help becuase they, myself included, feel like it’s their job to support everyone else. It’s one of the gifts God gave them.
As we close, remember two things. If you are a diamond, it is OK to crack and need help. It’s ok to not be able to hold the weight of the world all the time. God will cover it. Second, if you are a person who relies on a friend like that know that they may also be going through stuff and just be open to listening to them. They may not share but them knowing you will listen is huge.
Father, thank you for providing diamonds that we can rely on. They are so strong. And help us get through the tough times. Help us to know that they too are human and need support and help with their burdens. We pray that we can be that support for them when they need respite. Lord, we also pray that they know you are always there and they don’t have to be a rock all the time. We pray this in your name, Amen.