5:117 – He can move the mountains
#faithbites #faithjourney mountains
Today, I’m feeling a bit crispy. I am amazed at the lack of compassion and understanding in some people. Simple word changes, change thoughts, and culture. This seems like a simple concept, but it’s like moving mountains to get people to understand. I don’t know about you, but I can’t move mountains by myself. Now with God, all things are possible.
Today, in addition to our scriptures, I share Might to Save by Hillsong Worship.
Everyone needs compassion
A love that’s never failing, let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Savior, the Hope of nations
Savior, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever, author of Salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave
So take me as You find meMighty to Save
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
And now I surrender (I surrender)
- What mountain do you wish God would move for you?
- How do you surrender to God?
- James 4:7 – Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Matthew 17:20 – He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
Sometimes I feel like a broken record when writing #faithbites. I have said to turn it over to God multiple times, heck I”ve even told Jesus to take the whole car not just the wheel. I think the reason some of these topics come up over and over (just like sermons at church) is there are universal issues. While we are forgiven, we still face tribulations. I’m also starting to realize when I feel like this when I’m exhausted from fighting and trying to make a difference, I just need to breathe, and regroup. Not retreat, not give up. But trust in the Lord, seek him, submit to him, and let faith do the work. No matter how hard I push, that mountain will not move, but through God, he will move it where it needs to go.
As we close, remember two things. You are never alone and God will help you with all things. If Jesus can conquer the grave, there is nothing that is impossible with God.
Father, help me move the mountains that are not where they should be. Help all of us who are struggling through roadblocks, mistrust, misunderstanding, and setbacks. You have told us that whatever we ask for in your name, you will provide it in your way, by your will, and your time. We boldly ask for kind hearts, open minds, strength, and compassion to conquer all. We pray this in your name, Amen.