5:86 – Did you miss the mark?
#faithbites #faithjourney mark.
We talk alot about making mistakes and messing up. Some people call that sin others don’t. Today I learn the real definition of sin. In Hebrew it means ‘to go astray’ . In Greek it means to ‘miss the mark’. Yes, religions have put different meaning on different sins.. Some have different rituals to remove different sins from your soul. In reality, sin is when we miss the mark. We’ve gone astray from what God wants us to do. It can be as simple as anger and as vicious as murder. It can be us unknowingly breaking His law or knowingly breaking His rules. Sin is when we’ve missed the mark.
- Knowing the true meaning of sin, does that change your outlook?
- Where have you missed the mark?
- Am I held responsible by God if I sinned and didn’t know it was a sin or if I didn’t mean to?
- How can I be forgiven if I didn’t know I sinned or wasn’t away something was a sin?
- Leviticus 5:17 – “If anyone sins and does what is forbidden in any of the Lord’s commands, even though they do not know it, they are guilty and will be held responsible.
- 1 John 1:19 – 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
We all miss the mark, we all sin. It’s not that we brag about it, but we do. We also screw up when we don’t realize it. When I look back at my choices, I’ve broken God’s law when I didn’t know I was doing it. I still sinned. God tells me I’m still at fault. But we have Jesus who forgives us out sins. It doesn’t matter if it was intentional or not. If we truly repent, he forgives us all our sins. That’s the beauty of our God. He loves us and forgives us no matter what.
As we close, remember, that no matter what you’ve done, intentional or not, there is forgiveness and absolution from God. Take it, it’s freely given.
Lord God, thank you for your forgiveness. We are all sinners and do it been when we don’t want to or mean to. Thank you for forgiving us no matter what. We love you and thank you. We pray that you help us do better each day and miss the mark less and less. In your name, Amen.