5:137 – What’s Next?
#faithbites #faithjourney next
I started at the Carle Illinois College of Medicine five years ago and made two goals. The first was to see the first Match Day and the second to see the first class graduate. On Sunday, I completed those goals. It was an amazing day to see the students graduate. Since then, I’ve been a little off. I didn’t know why until today when I realized I don’t know what is next. I currently don’t have any professional goals and it seems odd. We know that goals lead to purpose and action without which, we struggle. As I often do, it’s time to ask God what’s next.
- Do you have a list of goals for your personal, professional, financial, and spiritual lives?
- How do you celebrate when you complete a goal?
- How do you make sure to create new goals?
- Are you ready for what’s next?
- Psalm 32:8 – I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
- Psalm 37:23-24 – The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; 24 though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
- Proverbs 16:9 – In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.
- Luke 14:28 “Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?”
Determining what’s next should always start with asking, “What are God’s plans for me?” He tells us that he makes firm our steps, that we may stumble but won’t fall. He loves us and tells us he will counsel us. God wants us to make goals to make sure we have milestones and are moving along the plan. Without the milestones and goals, we can be wandering aimlessly.
As we close, remember, that God comes first. Pray and ask where he wants you to go next. Then make the goals to help you get there. A final point, share your goals with others. Your friends will help keep you on track. Value their input as you move forward. They will help through any stumbles you may have.
Lord God, thank you for your guidance and direction. We need to know what is next so we can work towards it. Help us to set goals that are pleasing to you. Help us support our friends and family who are making their own goals. Let us be the support they need. We pray this in your name, Amen.
You must log in to post a comment.