5:40 – 1500 Days
#faithbites #faithjourney 1500
On January 1, 2018, I started what would become #faithbites. My attempt to share God’s word, my #faithjourney, and how God is working through me. Today has been an extremely tough day and will serve as a great lesson for tomorrow.
Today, we think about what 1500 Days (over four years) looks and feels like. (And yes, I’ve only missed two days and made up for them the next day). While #faithbites was started to share and show my #faithjourney, I thank the many of you who have joined me, challenged me, shared your own journey, and grown with me. Who could imagine back IN January 2018, what our world would look like. We need more than ever a community of people who love God, share his word, and want to work together the love as Jesus wanted us to. This is a monumental task but together, and only together with the Help of God, can we do it.
- How Has your faith changed during the last 1509 days?
- What commitment will you make to grow your faith?
- How does (if it does at all) an outlet like #faithbites help your faith
- Proverbs 3:5-8 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.
- 2 Peter 3:18 – But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.
Any faith journey has two main parts. First is faith in the right place. Proverbs shows us that we need to trust and have faith in the Lord and he will make straight our path. God doesn’t like or decieve. He shows us the path he wants us to walk. The second part is the commitment. Even if a path is laid out for you, if you aren’t committed to walking it, you go nowhere. We need both the faith and the commitment to grow and be the people God wants us to be.
As we close, remember that #faithbites didn’t start out as something where I was trying to hit 1500 days. That wasn’t a goal. If it was 10, 100, 1500, or 50,000 the commitment was to share the word of the Lord.. My hope is that through this vehicle we can each grow in our journey and as a community..
Lord God, first and foremost thank you for forgiveness and grace. These past few days have been xhalleningjnf for everyone. Please grant them your peace.
Heavenly Lord, we thank you for 1500 Days of #faithbites. Thank you for giving me messages to share with others. Lord we pray that these messages help to grow the community. We seek you guidance in all things, Amen.