5:1 – Goals Not Resolutions
#faithbites #faithjourney goals
Happy New Year. Welcome to 2022 and welcome to the fifth year of #faithbites. I can’t believe we are approaching 1,500 #faithbites. I appreciate everyone who has been along for the ride and those who keep joining. Thanks for the support.
As it’s a New Year, many are writing resolutions fo. How to improve their lives. Resolutions sound good and may give you energy to start something but most stop before the end of January. On the other hand, making a goal with milestones, check in points, and rewards, can make long lasting change. #faithbites started as a goal to share God’s word on a daily basis and I’m still going strong.
- Have you made. Resolution in the past? How long did it last?
- Are you planning on making goals for 2022? What will you do to keep them?
- 2 Chronicles 15:7 “But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.”
- Psalm 20:4 “May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.”
- Habakkuk 2:2-3 “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that whoever reads it may run with it.”
- John 6:27 “Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”
God’s word showcase the steps we need to take to make a goal last and be successful. First and foremost, we need to make sure our goals are for the right purpose. Are we working towards goals that honor God? If not, maybe we need to rethink where we are spending our energy. Second, we need to be dedicated (strong) and not give up. Third, and related, if have the desire to compete the Goal and have God with us. Fourth, we need help in our goals. We should write them down and share so we can have check-ins and support for om our friends and loved ones.
As we close, remember that God gives us good steps towards making goals. We just need to keep him centered, be strong, and never give up.
Father wr God, thank you for helping us get to anothw rywar and anothwr chance to focus on goals that bring us closer to you.ord, as we move into this new year, let us remember those who have passed and never forget their spirit.lrs, we ask for direction and determination to complete all of our goals. Bp us to focus on serving you and serving others. We pray this in your name, Amen.