5:149 – TV preacher
#faithbites #faithjourney tv
I’m sitting at grandma’s house on a beautiful Sunday morning listening to TV preachers. We were able to go to church but we can still hear God’s message. I normally hate TV preachers as many of them are fire and brimstone and their lifestyles don’t match the message they are saying.
Today, I pushed that aside and just focused on the message. The messages are biblically based and show truth. What it is challenging me to do is listen to God in whatever form I hear and ge toast any preconceived notions. The messenger may be imperfect, but God uses imperfect people to share his message.
- When you hear a TV preacher, what do you think?
- When you hear God’s word or even a message from someone are you listening to the words or placing them in the life of that person?
- Is it the message or the messenger that you are focused on?
- 1 Corinthians 2:1-2 – And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom(A) as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.[a] 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified
- Titus 3:9 – But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.
God ssends flawed people that do his work. From tax collectors(Matthew) to Christian persecutors (Paul) to people who deny him (Peter), God gets his message to us. Yes, some TV preachers. May not appeal to you as you see them as money grubbing rich people who only want you to give to them. Same with entertainers, politicians, and friends. Even though they may have alternative motives, some of their messages may be what God wants you to hear.
No one is perfect. If we are looking for perfect, we won’t find it outside of Christ if we are looking for perfect, we can’t grow and learn as no teacher, preacher, or person can help.
As we close, remember God brings people in our lives for a reason. Even Satan knew scripture. But God wants us to listen, not follow blindly, and ask God about that message. God uses everyone to advance his plan. Look at the message.
Father God, thank you for giving us your word. Today you shared it from a source that I would normally discount but you’ve told me to listen. Help us to look beyond the messenger and find the message that you want us to hear. We pray this in your name, Amen.
You must log in to post a comment.