5:129 – Supporter and healer role
#faithbites #faithjourney supporter
I love video games. The idea of becoming someone else and changing the world is amazing. My favorite type are role playing games (tabletop included). In most of these you choose a character type and work with a party to accomplish your goals. My least favorite type to play, is the supporter type. In this role, you normally stay back from the fray and use abilities to boost or heal up the other characters as they defeat the enemy. I’m not good at the character type, as I want to get in their and battle. In life though, while I’m at the forefront in some things, I spend most of my time as the supporter. It gives me satisfaction to see others succeed.
- What role do you play (fill) in life and why?
- Are you choosing that role or do you just fall into it?
- How can you use whatever role you play to still be a supporter for others?
- Romans 12:6-8 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith;7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement;if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
- Proverbs 22-9 Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.
We know that God has given us different talents. Some of us are made to be fighters, magicians, bards, rogues…sorry slipped into role playing games again. But the fact is there we fit in different roles based on what God has blessed us with. The role of supporter, unlike in an RPG, cna be one we all fit into. We cna use our kindness and love to share our bounty with those who have not.
As we close, remember that we all have gifts that we can use to support others. It does tmattwr if we are teianes for it or fall into ktm God wants us to love and help. Sometimes the best support is to find someone else to help.
Lord God, thank you for making us all unique. While we may be driven to fill one role over another, we ask for you to make sure that we can be the supporter that our friends, family msily, and neighbors need. We pray this in your name, Amen