5:126 – The answer is blowin’ in the wind
#faithbites #faithjourney blowin’
Today a friend was looking for answers, and Bob Dylan’s Blowin’ In the Wind came to my mind. Here are a few lyrics that bring it all home.
- “How many roads must a man walk down, Before you call him a man?
- “And how many years can some people exist, Before they’re allowed to be free?
- Yes, and how many times can a man turn his head, And pretend that he just doesn’t see?
Sing it with me, “The answer, my friend, is blowin’ in the wind. The answer is blowin’ in the wind”
Now, who makes the wind? Who makes everything? God. So yes, God provides the answer!
- Who do you turn to when you need answers?
- How can you cast everything on him and know he will answers?
- 1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- Colossian 1:16 – For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
- Matthew 7:7 – Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
If we believe that God created everything, then even the wind is from him. When he created everything, it was created by him and for him. If the wind and life itself answer to him, do you think he could provide the answers? He also tells us to cast all anxiety on him and let it go. He will answer when we ask. This is the God that I know and one we should trust. He is our father, our friend, our savior, and our redeemer. We just need to get out of the way and let him work. The answer is out there and in there. Sometimes the answer isn’t what we want, or it’s the answer we need and it’s scary. It’s those times when he knows what is right. If we trust in him always, he will answer and carry us through.
As we close, remember, it’s those times when we only see one set of footprints that he is carrying us.
Father, tonight we pray for everyone with a dilemma or in conflict. They are seeking answers that only you can provide. Help them open their hearts to listen and minds to accept your wishes. We know that you are with us and will answer. Give them your peace as they make difficult decisions. Ensure them that it will be all ok in the end as you’ve proclaimed it. In your name, Amen.