5:114 – Flavors of Faith
#faithbites #faithjourney flavors
Ive bbeen thinking a lot about faith as many of my friends and family have been wrestling with God and struggling with their faith. The struggle may have risen from an event that went badly, a seemingly unanswered prayer, or just the world encroaching on their ability to believe. When I look at it, I can’t judge someone’s faith as it comes in many flavors. I don’t have a better word than that but faith looks different for each person. Just likd we shouldn’t tell someone how to worship, we shouldn’t tell them how to live, as they are walking with God (even if they don’t know it). What we can do is share our faith through our voice and actions, be receptive to the variety of flavors out there, and the God to his work.
- How do you define your faith?
- What happens if someone’s faith locks different than yours?
- How can you support others when they struggle or if the flavors of their faiths are different from yours?
- Matthew 7:1-2 – Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.
- Romans 14:1 – As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.
- Matthew 17:20 – You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.”
You will notice I used the worth “Faith” and “flavors of faith” through this #faithbites instead of “religion”. This was deliberate as they are not the same. Religion is created by humans to try to worship and explain our faith. Faith is the belief in something, usually unseen, and it forms the core of what you are.
I know what I believe and how it impacts my life. Faith, the size of a Mustard seed, can move mountains. And like a Mustard seed, we may not see it as it grows in others and it may look different than ours.
While it might seem like I’m rambling today, (and I am), remember to be kind, to love, and to not judge others for their faith. We are commamded to love and serve.
Lord Jesua, sometimes our words fail us and we don’t know what to say or how to act. We pray that you help all of us who struggle and wrestle with faith. Help us to be strong and courageous be with us in our #faithjourney and help us to respect, love, and support others no matter how different their faith may feel to us. You know the answers and the way. We pray this in your name, Amen.