5:113 – Faith and grace for those struggling with faith and grace
#faithbites #faithjourney struggling
Last night was a tough night. My youngest told me she didn’t believe in Santa, the tooth fairy, didn’t want to be a Christian, and didn’t believe in God. She also said she didn’t want to yell me because I’d get mad. I was struggling with how to respond but I knew Grace was the only way to. I didn’t yell, raise my voice, or anything. Just engaged in conversation about her thoughts, beliefs, and why she is currently struggling with this. It was a good but hard conversation. I know she still believes, she said believes a little, but it is a growth process.
Faith and beliief is challenging for everyone. I too have struggled throughout my life with faith. But through Grace, I’m a believer.
- How do you approach those struggling with faith?
- What can you do to show Christ through your words and actions?
- What do you do when you struggle with your own belief?
- Colossians 3:12 – “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience
- James 1:2-4 – “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”
God wants us to be kind, loving, and have grace for those who can’t. He wants us to have faith for those struggling with faith. We do that through love, respect, and understanding.
I feel that the way I handled that situation was a pivitol point in my parenting growth and one I thinks he will remember for ever. She even gave me a really big hug afterward.
As we close, remember, we can’t force someone to believe what we believe. We can help them see our believes and what God is doing by our words and sees.
Father God, today we pray for Grace, wisdom, and strength. Help us when we struggle with faith. Help us support those who are struggling with faith. Let us be like you and love those who believe and this ehwo do not believer. Give us the words, patience, and kindess, to be the support and example they need. In your name, we pray. Amen.