5:90 – Joy to the world
#faithbites #faithjourney joy
Did you know that I have a friend named Jeremiah? He was a bullfrog and a good friend of mine. He also had some mighty fine wine. Yes, I’m singing Jeremiah was a bullfrog by Jim Croche. I woke up with that song, Bad Bad Leroy Brown, and You Don’t Mess Around with Jim. Not sure why, but hey, they are great songs. In Jeremiah Croche songs Joy to the wild, all the boys and girls. The Joy isn’t just for one person or for one group. It’s for everyone. Sound familiar?
- Do you share Jesus’s love with everyone?
- Are there some people not worthy?
- If so how do you decide, who gets it and who doesn’t?
- Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
- John 16:24 – These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
I don’t have much to add here. God uses the word ‘All’ over and over. He talks about the whole world. His joy is for everyone, no questions asked. It’s up to us to share it and help others know that God loves them, no matter what. His joy is universal.
Lord God, thank you for your love and your joy. We aks that you remind us that your love is not for us to hold but to share. Help us share it with everyone no matter what. You have always loved your children and all of us are your children. We pray that you help us remember this and fill us with the heart of sharing and love for all. Amen.