5:60 – Wacky March
#faithbites #faithjourney wacky
I ddon’t know if there is something in the water or if it’s cabin fever or what, but March has started off WACKY. I’ve had many of my strongest friends need a lot of support and it just seems that many are ready to crack. From sickness to work to not feeling God’s presence to feeling worthless, there is a lot of wackiness going on. I use the word wacky as I don’t have another word for it.
Today, let us focus on God’s example of love, kindness, and how we should be good humans.
- How do you know if someone needs your help?.
- What can you do to provide support even if you don’t have answers?
- When wackiness takes over, what is your course of action?.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 – “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”
- 2 Corinthians 13:11 – “Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.”
- Romans 12:9-10 “Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.”
God tells us to be strong and courageous, but sometimes it’s hard. Sometimes the world just seems like a cluster. Call it wacky or whatever but it’s just hard and even the strongest need support. Jesus tells us to work together and build one another up. In Romans, we see that we should truly love one another. It may be just being an ear to listen or a force help spur change. Whatever it is, listen, be there, and invite God to help with all the wackiness.
As we close, know that whatever the cause, someone out there is hurting. Reach out, say hello, and just listen.
Father God , I don’t know what’s going on but many people are hurting, lost, confused, and just need you. Let them feel your presence. Surround them with a hedge of protection. Put people in their lives to just listen, help, and comfort. In your name we pray, Amen.