5:163 – You are enough
#faithbites #faithjourney enough
This may go without saying, but I’ve learned something recently. It’s true when people say you are enough. I have a hard time saying I am enough, but that will come. Between old friends and new, I’ve heard now over and over, “You are enough”. It doesn’t matter what people say or think, but it’s true. God even says it. As you know, the further distance is the 18 inches from the head to the heart. But you are enough. Say it with me: YOU ARE ENOUGH!
- What does being enough mean?
- Do you feel that in your soul?
- What would it take to feel that you are worthy, enough, and valued?
- Psalm 139:13-16 – For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
- Romans 8:28-29 – For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord
- 1 John 3:1 – See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him
A good friend once said to go where we are loved, cherished, and supported. The reason many of us don’t think we are enough is that we don’t feel that we deserve to be loved, cherished, and supported. When we don’t feel that way, it’s easy to get down on ourselves and accept however someone treats us, even if it’s not what we deserve. This is my problem and one I’m working on. God loves me and I am enough. It is hard to say it though….
If you have any doubt, just look at our verses. God knew you before you were born and gave you life. He knew who you were and who you would become. God loved you and made you in his image. He tests us that there is NOTHING you can do to become separate from him. God calls you His child. If you were not enough, would God do all these things for you? No. And the Bible is not just some words written for other people. It is God’s inspired word for you!
As we close, remember that you are enough. Let no one, especially yourself, convince you otherwise.
Father God, we know you made us with love and with plans for us. You gave us skills and abilities unique to us. Lord, we are enough because you tell us we are enough. Help us to feel it deep in our souls. Help us to understand and know that you love us and we are your children. In your name, we pray, Amen.