5:98 – Use your voice to Lift others up
#faithbites #faithjourney lift
Some things get under my craw. When people don’t help others out, especially when it is at no cost to them, it drives me nuts. Simple word changes can really help lift others up. All we need to do is take a look at the situation through someone else’s eyes and see how they can help. I had a situation at work today, where simply changing one word in a title of an event would greatly increase inclusivity and not take away from the original intent, yet it was ignored. It drives me nuts.
- How do you lift others up?
- Do you use your voice to push the status quo to help others make a change?
- What can you do when a change isn’t made?
- Ester 4:14 – For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”
- Proverbs 31:9 – Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.
- Ephesians 4:29 – Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
God made us in his image. We are wonderfully made with gifts and abilities. He wants us to use those to advance his kingdom. We are stewards of what he has given us. Let us use our voice to help others. While someone else may help them down the road, why don’t help them now?
As we close, let us ensure that as we rise, all are lifted with us.
Lord God, thank you for giving us a strong voice. Help us to always look at those around us and find ways to strengthen and lift them. Help us be their voice when they can’t advocate for themselves. We pray this in your name, Amen.